Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh, this is BIG!

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't even believe I am typing these words, but as of yesterday...Emma Kate. Is. Walking!!!! YAY!

Waiting a little longer to reach a milestone makes it that much more precious, and we are so proud of our little teenie weenie walker :)

It started yesterday morning at P.T. The therapist and her assistant kept "tricking" Emma Kate into walking and she just took off. She was walking 10 feet at a time with no help at all. I could not believe my eyes! And she looks like she's been doing it for years! She just needed a little security, and well, friends, I think she's found it! YIPEE!!

Here is a quick video as proof:


Not only has she become a walker in the past 24 hours, but she's also become a climber!

Yesterday, I heard her crying. She never cries, so I knew something was fishy. I walked in the den, and found her here:

She had taken out all of her toys and had somehow climbed in the basket. She was crying, because she couldn't figure out how to get out. Then, I guess she saw me laughing, and decided that rather than being upset, perhaps she should be proud.

Then I left it up to her to find a way out. And she did! What a big girl!




Oh my goodness. Baby proofing the house has taken on a whole new meaning. Looks like I better get busy!

...If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand...
Psalm 37: 23-24

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! Soo exciting! I'm very happy for ya'll and more happy for Emma Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, your response in the background is my favorite part. This is awesome news!

    P.S. I'm coming to your house for a tour next time I am in town. It looks so cute in all of the glimpses in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea emma kate! i can tell she is such a silly and fun little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I'm so excited!! Seriously, it brought tears to my eyes watching the video of Emma Kate walking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, when I texted to say that I NEEDED a new EK blog, I never imagined it would be of such a glorious magnitude!!! What's next!?! Please give that precious little "walker" a big ole kiss from me!
    Much love!
    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh!! I love love love this blog! SO proud of her!! :) Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how darling rachel. i loved your reation in the back ground. i know you guys are so full of JOY!! GO EMMA KATE!!! whooo hooo!!!! love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness ! This is exciting news ! Thank you for sharing this exciting time with us . Way to go EMMA KATE!!

    Lenny and Margaret Woods

    ReplyDelete