Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fun in the Sun…

…Well not so much the “Sun” part, but it was still fun, none the less.

This past weekend, we took a quick little getaway to the beach. We were graciously invited by some sweet friends, and we were more than happy to take them up on the offer!

Even though Saturday was a-little-less-than-sunny, we still packed up and headed for the beach. Here's Trey and Emma Kate trying not to blow away.



Emma Kate LOVED playing in the sand!







Here’s Claire, Evan, Lee, and Trey. What are they looking at, you may ask?


Um, this is what they were looking at. This is Brad. Surfing. I couldn’t watch. My “danger radar” was in a tizzy over this one! I mean, there was a RED flag waving on the beach! And, we WERE the only crazies out there.


I stayed back to pray that he wouldn’t die be swallowed up by the gi-normous waves and hurricane force winds.



He survived. Praise Jesus. Boys make me nervous sometimes.

And, here’s Emma Kate and I…


Thankfully, the sun decided to shine again on Sunday, and we got to enjoy it that morning before we headed home. What a good weekend it was! Good food. Good friends. And good good fun!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

James 1:5

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and I am so glad Brad survived. However, it doesn't surprise me that he was the only one trying to surf. But you know Evan and Trey wanted to.

    ReplyDelete