Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet Potatoes and a Super Bowl

I have really been excited about making Thomas' baby food, and on Saturday I gave it a try. It was so.easy. Trey and I had been wanting a good food processor for a while, and we decided that this was the perfect time to buy one, as it's a really helpful tool for making baby food. We got the 11 cup cuisinart food processor, and it is SO cool! We're nerds like that. I feel like it will pay for itself in no time, because baby food is so expensive, but making your own is so cheap. Trey's been hitting up the produce stand for me on his way home from work, and buying fruits and veggies there makes it even cheaper.

I made sweet potatoes first and Thomas tried them on Sunday. He LOVED them! He would be crazy not to, because they are so yummy! Jarred baby food always gave me the creeps, and I could never bring myself to try a bite of Emma Kate's, but homemade baby food is so good! It also makes me feel better to know exactly what's in his food. No crazy ingredients or preservatives. No funny business...

Anyway, I've been having so much fun researching and reading all about making your own baby food, and I can't wait to try more fruits and veggies. Here's Thomas enjoying his first bites!







Emma Kate had a "Good Behavior Super Bowl" at school today and the kids were supposed to wear their favorite team's jersey or t-shirt. Since I couldn't even begin to tell you who's playing in the actual super bowl this weekend, we decided to cheer on our tigers! Here's our sweet cheerleader before school this morning.

This is her morning ritual of watching Mickey in the bean bag before school. What can I say? The child is a Mickey junkie.





And here she is on the way to school. Sweet girl.


Emma Kate says, "Happy Tuesday and geaux tigers!"

Taste and see that the Lord is good!
Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! They are so sweet! Emma Kate is just the cutest cheerleader and Thomas is growing fast! I have an awesome meal planner for infants and toddlers that someone gave me when Jude was born. It has recipes from homemade baby food all the way to preschool years. Let me know if you wanna take a look at it.

    Thank you for the sweet sentiment yesterday. I love you too and I know you of all people can relate. So thankful for your friendship. We need to throw out the formalities and hang out more often.

    ReplyDelete