Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We Had Ourselves a Merry Little Christmas


Christmas was great this year. It was a little different this year, because Christmas fell on a Sunday. In order to see all of our family, we celebrated two days of Christmas. On Saturday morning, we did Christmas with my family at Mac Mac and Sugar’s. It was wild and crazy with all of the little ones, but it was so so fun! Here is Emma Kate in the sea of presents watching her favorite show, Mickey.













We enjoyed a great breakfast: my mom's famous tea ring. We eat it for breakfast every Christmas and it is the best thing ever! After opening lots and lots of presents we did lunch with the whole family. We did the whole nine yards...fried turkey, dressing, sweet potatos, spinach madeline, macaroni, rolls, and dessert.I felt like a stuffed turkey afterwards, but it was so worth it.

I made the cake this year. I made a chocolate gingerbread toffee cake, and I think it was quite a hit. It was on the cover of Southern Living last month.

Saturday night, we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church. It is my favorite service of the whole year. I just love it. The music. The worship. The communion. Everything. It is all such a sweet taste of heaven.

After church, we went to my sister’s house for gumbo. This has become a tradition in the last several years, and I hope it continues for many more.

Christmas morning Trey and I woke up and did presents with our kiddos.




We went back to church for the Sunday service, and then went to my other sister’s house for lunch…shrimp and grits. Mmm. After lunch, Trey and I were able to sneak in a little nap, while the kids were sleeping.

Sunday night it was time for Christmas with Trey’s side at Poppa and Honey’s. It was so fun to get together with everyone and exchange presents with the little ones.




It was such a fun weekend with family celebrating the birth of our Savior.

*Most of the pictures are from Saturday morning. I was pretty much a slacker with my camera for the rest of the weekend.




For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given. And the government shall be upon his shoulder. And his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Isaiah 9:6

1 comment:

  1. Yaay! I'm so glad you're back! I mean, I pretty much know what you do every day, but it's fun to see it in writing with pictures. And, you write so well! You're back to blogging, who knows...maybe I'll finally get on facebook?!! And, not sure I ever appropriately thanked you for the Christmas cake. It was my most favorite part of lunch. Thanks for making it for me!!

    Love,
    myrt

    ReplyDelete