Monday, March 12, 2012

Seven Months



Thomas, I’m starting to feel like I’m posting your monthly picture every week. You turned seven months on Saturday. Time is flying, and I am continually amazed at how fast you are growing and changing. A lot has changed in a month. In the past month you have started:

-sitting up independently (sorry, a lot of these pictures are from my phone, so the quality is not the best),









-crawling (well not a full-fledged crawl quite yet…it’s more like a half-crawl/half-army crawl with a little baby yoga thrown in the mix),



















-pulling up,





-and driving your sister ca-razy!



Apparently, mobility also brings about sibling rivalry. You love to play with Emma Kate are all up in her business, but she knows that two can play at your little game and she gets you back often!



You pull her bow.




She sits on you.



You try to steal her xylophone. She tries to whack you in the face with it.





And like any good mother, I stop to snap a picture before reconciling the situation. It is really fun to watch you two bicker interact. I think you two will learn A LOT from each other.



Sometimes you play nicely, but both of you need some practice in the gentle department!!









Oh, I’ll just prop my feet up and watch a little Mickey.



I guess you see Emma Kate lay in her bean bag like this, because you crawled over, got all comfy in it, and propped your feet on the cabinet. Hilarious.




At seven months, you are taking the phrase “baby proofing” to a whole new level. You are already getting into things that Emma Kate never did. We’ve never used outlet covers, cabinet/drawer/door locks, or anything like that, but I can already see that you are going to give us a run for our money. Good thing you’re cute :)

We had to move your mattress down to the lowest level in your crib a few weeks ago, because I walked in one night and you were just about half-way out. That’s when we learned you could pull up. Thankfully, I caught you in the act. Phew!



You still love to eat, but boy are you messy. I like to call this little phase, “the year of the paper towel,” because, oh my goodness, do we ever go through them. Between you and your sister, I think we are keeping Georgia Pacific in business!

Here’s a lovely, little mess you made last night...




In two seconds flat, you sent Emma Kate’s container of puffs flying, flipped out of your bumbo, all covered in peas and carrots, onto the table (yes, did I mention you can totally flip out of the bumbo now? I can.not. take my eyes off of you even for a second) and spilled my 44oz, filled to the brim, ice water onto the floor. It's a good thing it wasn’t diet coke or we would’ve had words :).


And all the while, Emma Kate was just sitting in her high chair like a little angel.





(At this point, you had already been whisked away by daddy, because you were flopping around on the table like a slippery, little, pea-covered fish.) It is more than time for a new high chair for you.



Emma Kate and I are learning that boys are WAAAY different than girls! Boys are messy, but it's okay, because I know one day, I will really miss cleaning up after you!



Here are a few other random things that I would be sad to forget:



• You have started acting a little shy, and a lot of times when people talk to you, you will smile really big, and then quickly turn and bury your face into my chest. It’s quite cute.
• You have started rubbing your ears when you’re sleepy.
• You watch me everywhere I go, and you cry almost every time I leave the room. You also love to watch Emma Kate wherever she goes, and you get really happy when your daddy gets home from work!!
• You’re still in size two diapers. You wear size 6-9 month clothes, and wear a size 2 shoe.
• Whoever said little boys aren’t fun to dress, lied! I have so much fun dressing you like a southern little baby boy. It’s great to have aunts with such great taste. I’m thankful they share their hand me downs with us :)



Love you, sweet boy!!



Create in me a clean heart, O God. Psalm 51:10

1 comment: