Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Busy Girl!

Last Thursday EK had her 18 months/post-op checkup with Dr. Perilloux, EK's pediatrician. She was quite the feisty girl, and tried to fight off the stethoscope, tongue depressor, ear light thingy and shots. She really loves doctors these days. I really think she could spot one from a mile away. Everything went really well there. We will schedule the swallow study in a few weeks, and we'll visit Dr. Perilloux again in about 3 months to discuss the findings from the swallow study and to make sure that she is gaining weight on this new formula. Yesterday, we visited Dr. Brummund, EK's cardiologist. We did an EKG and another ECHO just to make sure everything was still looking good after the surgery. Dr. Brummund said her heart looks great. We have started to wean her off of the lasix, and in about two weeks, we will stop it completely. We will see Dr. Brummund again next month, and then we will begin to spread our visits much further apart. This morning Emma Kate had her first O.T. session since the surgery. Danielle, EK's O.T., was surprised at all that she was doing. I think we were both a little scared that she would really regress after the surgery, but she seems to be completely back to normal. We're SO happy about this! Thankfully, Emma Kate's sleeping habits seem to be returning to normal as well. She has slept completely through the night for the last 5 days! Thank you, Lord! Her naps are working their way back to normal too! Since the surgery, EK has seemed to have a lot more energy. She has played everyday until about 1:00pm. Before, she would barely make it until 10:30am before falling asleep. So, we're working on rearranging her schedule and nap times a bit. Thanks for checking in on us! We will keep you posted :)

5 comments:

  1. God is good!!! We continue to pray for you guys each day and look forward to seeing you. Please give Emma Kate a BIG kiss for us!
    Aunt Ann and Uncle Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like everything is going really well (aside from the dr. anxiety but who could blame her, right?)! That is so great to hear. :)

    Love,
    The Capertons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you Miss EK! Tell your beautiful mommy that I love and miss you both! Hugs and kisses! ~"Aunt" Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sweet baby girl! I'm so very proud of you...I've been bragging to everyone I know about how you are such a big trooper!

    I love you! (And thanks for my card and for being the best "niece" Emma Kate in the whole wide world!) :)

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for the great reports and the wonderful pictures!! Thanks and God bless!!

    ReplyDelete