Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Year Ago, Today

One year ago today was one of the hardest days of my life. One year ago today, I sent my sweet baby girl away with a team full of perfect strangers to have her tiny heart repaired. I remember it as clear as day. It seems like it should be yesterday, not a year ago. I remember the fear I felt that day, but more than that, I also remember feeling an overwhelming peace. A true peace that only comes from Him.




May 18, 2009

And a year later, I am remembering God’s promises and how they are all so true. He cares for his children…He protects his children…He provides for his children. He loves us, and His plan for us is perfect. And His dreams for our family are so much bigger than the dreams that I could ever dream myself.

And today, exactly one year after her open heart surgery, I am praising God for a healthy, strong and sweet little girl. And I am thankful for one more year to love her like crazy.


May 18, 2010

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

I Peter 5:6-7

P.S. I have some dear friends, who are in Boston right now, awaiting their daughter’s third open-heart surgery. You can follow her journey here: http://juliannesjourney.blogspot.com/
Would you join me as I pray for this sweet family?

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, it does feel like yesterday...crazy. Emma Kate, I am still constantly amazed by your strength. I have never met a happier, sweeter baby girl. I love you, and please know that you will always be Auntie Lindsey's little hero. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that precious baby! I am not believing how grown up Emma Kate looks in that bottom picture. We are blessed to call y'all friends and to know Miss Emma Kate! Thanking God for that sweet girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. baby Emma kate is sooooo cute she is a gift from god and we love her with all our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Emma Kate looks soooo cute and she is a gift from god we love her soooo much! I love you Emma Kate from Addie.

    ReplyDelete