
My calendar tells me that fall has officially arrived, although the only thing that feels like fall around here is the 60 degree air that’s blasting from my air conditioner! In an effort to make things feel a little more autumn-ish, I’ve started putting out a few fall decorations, although I have yet to get any pumpkins on my front porch (it’s definitely on my to-do list, though)! I just love this time of year!

I was inspired by The Sweet Life, and I decided it was time to get my craft on!! And that I did!

I can assure you, this is the easiest project ever! And I must say, it’s pretty cute too! You can even use the fabric later for something else (and the toilet paper too)!!

I even stole a small piece to make Emma Kate this little raggy pumpkin shirt. It looks very cute with her skinny orange jeans leftover from the spring!

And, the only thing cuter than a witch’s boot, is this witch boot filled with lollipops! I took a $3 granimals shirt from walmart and added a little appliqué love. These cute leggings are from the Baby Gap. They were on sale for $9.99, and with my $10 off Gap coupon, they were a whopping $0.00! A pretty cute outfit for three dollars, if I do say so myself!

Now, if it would just cool off so she could wear them!

I also wanted to give y’all an update on Emma Kate’s biopsy results. It’s NOT celiac disease. The report showed mild irritation in the upper intestines, but it’s nothing that we need to worry about, and it’s likely not the reason why she’s still not eating.
And since we're in the "big news department" (and this certainly falls in the category of 'important stuff'), here's a little something else for you...I can now get Emma Kate's hair into a ponytail!! I am sure that you are all as excited as I am :) Just kidding...

Okay, back to the endoscopy (aren't ponytails way more fun to talk about!?) I personally think her feeding problems are more about the fact that she just doesn’t know how to eat, because she’s never had to before. There's absolutely no medical reason why she can't eat. We’ll continue with feeding therapies, and after a month of trying to really fatten her up, we’re going to try to cut out a feed to make her really hungry, and therefore more motivated to eat! If she only knew what she was missing out on!! Speaking of food being really good…I think these fall recipes are going to be cooking up in my near future!! I DO love pumpkin:
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
Pumpkin spice
Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
And with the leftovers, I’ll make these:
Pumpkin pancakes
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

So glad to hear that the test was negative for celiac disease. Love the ponytail! Mabel will not allow barrettes, only ponytails. Keep up the creative side .... the decoration are delightful!
ReplyDeleteYou have really been crafty!! I love the pumpkins and can't wait to see Emma Kate in the outfits! The appliques are great.
ReplyDeleteMom
Rachel, You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to move back to Zachary so I can hang out with you! I think we would make great craft partners :)
ReplyDelete-Laura Kate
HEEEEYYY!!
ReplyDeletelovin' the blog...
we still need to start hangin' out. we have too much in common not to ;-)
give EK a big hug and kiss from Jude!
Hope you have an awesome weekend!
Angel
PS. Don't you just love This Blessed Nest!! Kellie's blog is so inspiring! Oh and I need you to teach me how to do the appliques! Lane says that monogramming is too feminine for Jude, but appliques are ok, lol
ReplyDeleteI was reading and thinking if she has something cute in the background that she does not mention I am totally calling her right now. Thank you for a mix of Emma Kate updates and tutorials for Fall. Since I live 10 hours away no one will know I made your pumpkins. Too bad they don't make jumbo toilet paper. I wonder if it works with paper towel rolls for some bigger ones. Good news on Emma Kate.
ReplyDeleteSoooo cute, all of it!! I'm very excited about Emma Ko's ponytail and that she doesn't have celiac disease. That little girl's just gonna have to suck it up and put a fork in her mouth one way or another! Haha, love yall!
ReplyDeleteHey Rachel, it's Joann Wentworth from Meadville, MS (Tina Steele's friend). I am so inspired when I read your blog. I have watched Emma Kate grow up on here and have never seen her in person. I told Tina we must come see Aunt Mary one day and you could bring her over there. I would love to see her. And, you & Trey, too! Ha! I am so glad to hear that she does not have the celiac disease. You work with her so well, she will have a fork or spoon in her mouth before you know it. I know it must take very special parents to deal with everything you have dealt with and I know God has his plan and He will take care of everything. God bless you and Trey in all that you do for Emma Kate. She is a blessing and y'all are a blessing to her. You are both such strong parents I have no doubt that you are doing wonderful things in the eyes of God. God bless and take care! Joann Wentworth
ReplyDelete