Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy
Who’ll decide where to go.
-Oh the Places You Will Go, Dr. Suess

Emma Kate had her first day of school today. She looked like such a big girl in her school uniform!

Here is Emma Kate and her daddy before we brought her to school this morning.

And here is Emma Kate giving me good-bye hugs before school.

And good-bye kisses too!

Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy
Who’ll decide where to go.
-Oh the Places You Will Go, Dr. Suess

Emma Kate had her first day of school today. She looked like such a big girl in her school uniform!

Here is Emma Kate and her daddy before we brought her to school this morning.

And here is Emma Kate giving me good-bye hugs before school.

And good-bye kisses too!

She even gave me a little good-bye hair tug. I gave her a stern talking to, and told her that her friends at school wouldn’t like it very much if she pulled their hair :)

She takes school VERY seriously. She’s in deep thought about something. She is probably wondering how she will ever make it through a whole day without her mommy (and her paci, too). Just kidding. The only person with separation anxiety in this family is M.E.

Such a little school girl.

It was a strange feeling driving through the carpool line. But then, I saw her little umbrella stroller waiting for her next to her friend’s wheel chair, and it made my heart smile. They were waiting for her to get there!

They said, “Our new baby is here!!” Then they got her out of the car.

And three very sweet ladies got her settled in her stroller. And away they went….
Her teacher said she had a great day! I ADORE her teacher.
She was so sleepy when she got home, and I could tell she had a very busy, fun day. She passed out at 6:00! I think school is going to be so great for her, and can’t wait to see how she develops over the next several months!
Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is better than jewels…
Proverbs 8:10-11

She takes school VERY seriously. She’s in deep thought about something. She is probably wondering how she will ever make it through a whole day without her mommy (and her paci, too). Just kidding. The only person with separation anxiety in this family is M.E.

Such a little school girl.

It was a strange feeling driving through the carpool line. But then, I saw her little umbrella stroller waiting for her next to her friend’s wheel chair, and it made my heart smile. They were waiting for her to get there!

They said, “Our new baby is here!!” Then they got her out of the car.

And three very sweet ladies got her settled in her stroller. And away they went….
Her teacher said she had a great day! I ADORE her teacher.
She was so sleepy when she got home, and I could tell she had a very busy, fun day. She passed out at 6:00! I think school is going to be so great for her, and can’t wait to see how she develops over the next several months!
Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is better than jewels…
Proverbs 8:10-11
WOW, thank you for sharing! Most beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Martie :)
Rachel! I love NES! Everyone there has loved on my babies as their own.......JohnHenry is in Kindergarten now, he still has one more year and i'm already nervous about him leaving! The anxiety is usually always Momma's. And much to our surprise, our babies comfort us. So proud of you and Trey.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Amber Thorne
Well, first of all, you could not have dressed her any cuter! And, second of all...I am boohooing like a big baby right now!!! What a sweet part of your life to share! I felt like I was dropping her off with you! HUGS & KISSES!!! Kim
ReplyDeleteThat is about the cutest uniform EVER! Wow, what a big day for everyone! Way to go! I'm glad she had a great day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet girl... what a wonderful family!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!!! Too cute!!!!!
Matt Galey
Oh my goodness! That is definitely the CUTEST first day of school I've ever seen! I'm so glad that it went well. :)
ReplyDeleteOk, and I have to add, that I loved this post so much I read it three times!
ReplyDeleteok.. This. Was. The. Cutest. Post.
ReplyDeleteI adore Emma Kate's school uniform! And I've said it before, I'm green with envy at the quality of care y'all are getting!! Did you have a "Boo Hoo Breakfast" or are you saving that for kindergarten! So proud of that sweet girl!!
How precious!!! You and Trey have certainly provided EK with the most wonderful tiny set of wings. Now, she will fly with the wings you gave her! Get ready for incredible accomplishments!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Aunt Ann
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteEverytime I read Emma Kate page it brings tears to my eyes! She is so adorable and your dedication to her is so soul warming! Yall are a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing your loving moments! Those babies grow fast!
Katie Amorello
Rachel, I admire you in so many ways. It looks like you and Trey have given Emma Kate the best life a little girl could ask for. The teachers are so wonderful. They treat your children as their own. Maybe I will see ya'll around school one day! Love, Tiffany Partin
ReplyDelete