
Wow! It's snowing again here in the south! This is the THIRD time that Emma Kate has seen snow here, AND SHE'S NOT EVEN THREE!! Today has been such a GREAT day so far. Trey left for work early this morning, but I'm not sure how productive he is being, because the bridge is now closed. He's either stuck on one side or the other. But before he left, he took a few pictures, of course...
Emma Kate, Amos (our big black lab), and I have just been trying to stay warm while watching it snow. Amos is usually an outside dog, so he and Emma Kate have been having lots of fun playing together. They are so sweet together...
While I was talking to my sister on the phone this morning, I heard something, and thought, "What the heck is that noise?" And then it happened. I looked over and saw my small child chowing down on dog food. My first motherly instinct said, "Sick! Stop that girl!" And then I remembered who I was dealing with. This is Emma Kate we are talking about. You know, the girl who eats nothing. Could it be? Does she prefer dog food over human? I threw my motherly instincts out the door, and grabbed my camera to document this momentous occasion!
And then she decided that the dog food was more fun out of the bowl then in.
So, she took it upon herself to toss it about the kitchen.
And play in it.
Later, I got her dressed and took her out again to see what she thought of the snow.
She liked the snow until she put her hands in it, and then she kind of freaked out. I wish I had gloves for her. Later my best friend, Lindsey, came over. She loves the snow as much as I do. We're kind of obsessed. She was sweet to take these pictures...

It snowed pretty hard for a few hours, but it has slacked off now, and has started to melt away. It was so fun while it lasted! This morning while I was watching the news, the news anchor said the snow was, "Nature's candy." I loved that! It is so true, and has been such a fun, unexpected treat!


















So, funny about the dog food. I have enjoyed the pictures. They are all so beautiful! I love the tutu pics and the amy bulter fabric in the background. Just made a quilt with that fabric. Enjoy the snowy day!
ReplyDeleteOh, sweet Rachel. These pictures are perfection and just another simple reminder of why I adore and love you so much...sweetest, prettiest mommy ever! I know I've already seen these, but seeing them in black and white just brought a tiny litte tear to my eye. Today was truly magical, and I'm so happy I got to share it with my two best girls (and Amos). :)
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet pictures! You guys are such an encouragement and such an example of Godly parents :)
ReplyDelete