Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Throw up, and poop, and snot, OH MY!

Is that too much information for ya? Emma Kate is SICK, y'all! She's been sick for a while, but the past two days she has been SICK SICK! What started last week as an upper respitory infection, quickly turned into a tummy disaster thanks to the good ole' antibiotic. The past 48 hours have been just a wee bit exhausting. I'm praying that she's on the mend. She's sleeping now, thank goodness! I probably should be too.

Yesterday, she would not let me put her down. My back and I were so desperate for a break, that I went up in the attic in search of my good old friend, the baby swing. It worked (at least for about 10 minutes, and long enough for me scarf down my lunch). She hasn't used this swing in so long, and it cracked me up, because her butt almost dragged the ground in it, and her legs hung way over the edge. I'm pretty sure we exceeded the weight and age limits.



Besides, the baby swing, there are just a few more items that have made my top 10 (or 11 or 12) for EK's "sick survival kit." Gotta love Walgreens for all your sick kid needs...



And below you'll find a picture of my "Mommy of sick kid survival kit."



Go ahead and judge me if you must, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! And right under the picture of beer and diet coke...a little piece of God's goodness...
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

Nighty, night!



3 comments:

  1. LOVE
    ...poor baby, hope she gets better soon! I am wondering why the swings don't come one size fits all! You are a wonderful mommy ;) Keep up the good work! ps.. also loved the stick & snow & pigtail blog posts!-- Won't it be fun to go back and read these one day ;)
    tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry that Emma Kate is still sick, Trey mentioned she wasn't feeling well at church last Sunday. Poor little one. I was going to call you today and see if you wanted to hang out sometime this week, but it looks like this is not a good week! Hope she gets to feeling better soon! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel, Trey, & Emma Kate. This is Joann from Meadville, MS. I am Tina Steele's friend and I've met ya'll when I come with Tina to visit Aunt Mary. You have a beautiful little girl. I have prayed for you all and will continue to pray. God is good. She is growing up so fast! I just love the posts and pictures you put on here. I have kept up with her since she was born. I wish I could see you all in person and visit. Maybe one of these weekends when it warms up and is not raining. Take care and God bless you all. Love, Joann Wentworth

    ReplyDelete