There is one problem that occasionally arises, however. Emma Kate gets a little, let’s say testy, when I’m on one side of the gate and she’s on the other. Every morning she stands on one side of the gate and watches me get dressed and fix my hair, etc. Here is a taste of what it looks like from my side of the fence…
She starts off looking really sweet. Maybe she’s thinking, “If I just look really cute, maybe she’ll let me through.”

She pats gently on the gate, still being very cute, of course.

Still sweet…

And then, she starts to tip-toe towards that testy-ness.

And suddenly, it is like full-blown ATTITUDE. Now it's like she is saying,"Crazy lady, If I weighed more than 19 pounds, I would knock down this gate myself! Now let me in!"

Who knew she was so sassy?
…So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few…
Matthew 7: 12-14
Tell Miss Priss that this is precisely when she should call Auntie Lindsey! I will move that gate for that sweet girl!!! :) Love you girls.
ReplyDelete