Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Well, Hello Spring

Is it just me, or is anyone else ready for spring? Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE winter, but this year, it seems like winter has been longer than ever. Maybe it’s because I have a two year old, and WE WANT TO GO OUTSIDE! It’s definitely starting to feel like spring around here though! Here are a few reasons why (other than the fact that it's warmer, duh.):

1. As I’m typing this post, I hear a lawn mower outside! I like that sound :)

2. This morning, I woke up to birds tweeting outside my window. It was a sweet sound, for sure. And yesterday, Trey noticed that we will have babies soon. No, not human babies, but little bird babies…right outside our back door. They do this every year, and we like it!


3. This morning I heard another sound, except this one wasn’t so familiar. I could not figure it out for the longest, and then, I finally realized that birds were eating my berry wreath.

For the birds: Birds, please stop eating my berry wreath! The berries are NOT real. They are Styrofoam. And they will probably kill you. Besides, it was much prettier before you starting snacking on it...


Can you see where they’ve been munching on my berries? Look for the white, not so pretty part of the wreath. Maybe I should take that as a compliment that my wreath doesn't look "so faux".

4. Our camellia is in full bloom! I LOVE it!

There was a quote in my Southern Living magazine this month that I loved. It was talking about iconic plants in the south (it talked about azaleas, camellias, crepe myrtles, etc). It said, “Imagine the South without azaleas. That’s like trying to conjure this land of ours without grits, Elvis, football, sweet tea, Wednesday church, ‘y’all’, and women who apply implausible amounts of makeup.” And although our azaleas are not blooming yet, our camellia definitely is, and that makes me HAPPY :)

5. I get to dress EK in shorts…

Got milk?

And other fun spring colors…

Yes, those ARE bright orange skinny jeans. Do you like them as much as I do?

6. And last, but not least, we finally get to play outside! Today, we enjoyed a nice walk, and I actually sweated. A lot.

And as I was walking outside, I heard the sweet purring of...air conditioners! Summer is near :)

You shall walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess.
Deuteronomy 5:33

Happy spring, y'all :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! Can't wait to kiss my little EK's toes next week!
    I also like the part about southern women wearing lots of makeup! Did you know that Jeremiah actually speaks of women wearing mascara? What the heck? Jer 4:30 - "Why do you put on your most beautiful clothing and jewelry and brighten your eyes with MASCARA?. . " Just discovered that verse last week! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, call me crazy but I'll just say observant. We have several of the same things in our refrigerators. (I hope i'm not completely wrong guessing the labels). Sweet Baby Ray's, huge ketchup bottle, blue plate mayonnaise, the greyish silver bottle of French Vanilla creamer, 1% milk, and a 2 liter of Coke. However, i do not have an Emma Kate in my refrigerator, although I wouldn't mind it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SOOOO cute. I love her little skinny jeans! She tickles my insides! :o) I have enjoyed seeing Knox & Kuyper running around in shorts, too!

    ReplyDelete