Monday, March 15, 2010

Pocket FULL of Sunshine

Oh my goodness...the weather...It has been SO beautiful outside, and this weekend we really enjoyed soaking up the sun! Friday morning, Emma Kate and I did a little shopping at an outdoor mall. I just needed one quick thing, but EK very conveniently fell asleep in her stroller while we were there, so I got to actually take my time and look around. Usually when I have her with me, I do whatever I can to get in and out of a store quickly. She loves her stroller, but sitting still is not her idea of fun, so dressing rooms and trying things on are most definitely out of the question. Friday was different though...she was such a good shopping partner!

That afternoon, we enjoyed a play date with some friends, Jessica and Julianne (although I am very sad to say that I do not have any pictures). These two hold a very special place in our hearts, as they are "heart friends" and have lots in common with us.

Saturday morning we attended a beautiful wedding. I. Love. Weddings. Seriously, I love them. Trey laughs at me, because even if I did not know the bride or groom, I would still cry. I think there is something so beautiful about weddings, especially ones in the church where we were married and worship every Sunday.

Saturday afternoon, we went to our family's property where "the boys" built their "man cabin". It was such a great day to spend outside. Trey and my dad enjoyed fishing....

...while Mom and I enjoyed hanging out and playing with EK...

We set up EK's swing, and she was good to go...Can you tell that she likes her "Sugar"?

And, of course, we had to have food, so Dad grilled burgers...

Isn't that a cute baby grill?

Sunday, we were blessed with another gorgeous day, so Trey and I walked EK and Amos to the park. Trey tried to re-train Amos. He has been a tad bit neglected lately. Emma Kate has definitely stolen his thunder, but we love him all the same...

And, of course, Emma Kate enjoyed swinging again. This is by far her favorite thing to do. And there were by far too many cute pictures to choose from, so I'll give you a few...






Can you see the pure joy in her face? Oh my goodness...If I loved her any more I would just burst into a million pieces.

I hope that your weekend was also full of sunshine. I think sunshine is good for the soul.

From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised!
Psalm 113:3

2 comments:

  1. It looks like y'all had a fabulous weekend! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the swing pictures (AND that cute denim dress Emma Kate has on...she has the cutest clothes!). Just precious! Emma Kate looks so happy!

    I cannot believe that neither of us pulled out the camera on Friday! Next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, EK, I love the swing pictures. Jude loves to swing too. Maybe we should have a "Park Play Date" soon. So glad to see you are doing so good!

    XOXO,
    Angel and Jude

    ReplyDelete