Monday, October 18, 2010

Just another reason why I love this place so...

If you know me at all you know that I am a huge fan of Children's Hospital Boston! Well today I have another reason why I love it so. You might remember this post where I talked about our hero, Dr. Fynn- Thompson. He's the doctor that did EK's open heart surgery and was featured on Boston Med. Well, today when I logged on Facebook I had a message from Children's telling me about his medical mission in his home country, Ghana. He is there with his team now. I knew he did this, but had never seen the video and I had to share it. It warms my heart and it will warm yours too! After watching it, I realized that I totally take for granted the access that we have to amazing healthcare here in America. I am so thankful to be in a country where I have access to incredible doctors and nurses and top notch facilities. I can't imagine how grateful the heart babies and parents are in Ghana.

Here is the video
And here is their blog

What trues heroes--to give of their time and efforts, to go to Ghana and perform surgeries to save these precious lives. Not that I am any where close to being a medical professional, but I so want to go on one of these medical missions. I would be absolutely no help during surgery, but I could definitely deal out lots of hugs and kisses afterwards!! And I'm pretty sure I would know how to spoil some Ghanaian heart babies rotten! I do have lots of experience in that department!

...Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means. I desire mercy, and not sacrifice. For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners...
Matthew 9:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment