Today was another slow day for us. Emma Kate woke up again at 5 am, so we fed her and put her back down. We all slept in again until 8:30 or so. It's been so nice being able to sleep late. We will all be so mixed up when have to get back on a real schedule, but we'll enjoy it in the meantime. We decided that it would be fun to do a trolley tour around Boston. It was a great way to see the city. There is SO much history here. Trey and I both agreed that we wish we had paid closer attention in our high school history class. We saw The Old North Church, the Old Iron Side ship, Paul Revere's house, Cheers, Liberty Hall, the Freedom Trail, the sight of the Boston Massacre, Fenway Park, and went through Cambridge to M.I.T's campus. Emma Kate slept through most of it. Tonight the Upper Crust Pizza provided dinner for the Devon Nicole House, which was really yummy.
Tomorrow morning we have to be back at the hospital for 9:30. Please pray for Emma Kate's safety during the heart catheterization. Also, please pray that the catheterization is a success, and for a quick recovery for Emma Kate. Tomorrow we will be talking with Dr. Breitbart again, and hopefully we will get a surgery date set in stone.
Thanks for checking in on us! We will keep you posted!
Hey Rachel and Trey! Glad you had a good day today. We are all missing you here! A number of people have emailed or called me to check on you guys (The Popples from England, the Isermans and Myrna from Colorado, Mathilda Nolan, Kathy Howard, Claire, Kim, Aunt Jane, Johnny, and I'm sure others I'm not remembering right now. Today I was on the phone with someone and I said Emma Kate's name and Sara went dancing around singing "Emma Kate, Emma Kate", so even baby Sara is thinking about EK! :-) Tell Trey HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! Oh - Brad says he sure will miss Trey Saturday working on the cabin. But I guess he has a pretty good excuse! Love you all SO much!
ReplyDeleteJoy
We are praying often for Emma Kate. Lillian is her little prayer warrior. She never misses a chance to pray for her. Hope tomorrow goes well.
ReplyDeleteDear Rachel and Trey ,we are praying for Emma Kate ,for the hand of her surgeon that God would grant him skill and wisdom.We pray that both of you might feel God's peace and comfort as they take Emma Kate in for her cathe. May God grant you rest tonight knowing that all is in his hands.
ReplyDelete" Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you;not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled,neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
with love, Lenny and Margaret Woods
I just returned from Austin's band concert and everyone sends their love and prayers. Thanks for taking the time to send the updates. You have the best doctors in the world and I know the heart cath will be a success.
ReplyDeleteEmma Kate........all your NW Arkansas cousins are cheering for you!
Love,
Austin, Parker, Erin and Brandon, Eric and Susan, Adelaide, Mabel, and Uncle Don