Trey and I just got back to the hospital. We went back to the Devon Nicole House to change clothes and eat dinner. Mom and Mrs. Tessy stayed with EK while we were gone, and when we got back, she was snoozing away. Oh, how I love grandmothers :) Tonight, there is only one other baby on the floor with EK, so they are letting Trey spend the night too. I'm super excited, because I know I would be so bored if he weren't here. Today's his birthday, by the way. Emma Kate's great cath results were the perfect birthday gift!
We did a repeat lung scan this afternoon and the results were amazing. We compared pictures with Dr. Breitbart afterwards, and we couldn't believe the difference. On Tuesday, her lung scan showed that she had 28% blood flow to the left lung, and 72% blood flow to the right. Today, after the heart cath, it showed that she had 43% blood flow to the left lung, and 57% blood flow to the right lung. Much better!! Dr. Breitbart came in and listened to her again, and said, "Where did that murmur go baby girl?" He's so great!
Tomorrow we should be discharged about 9 0r 10 in the morning. It looks like we are definitely on the schedule for surgery Monday, although I'm not sure exactly what time. I hear that the little ones are done earlier in the morning. We are just so ready to get this thing behind us. As always, thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement. They are much needed and much appreciated.
Rachel and Trey: I am so glad to hear the good news on Emma Kate. I am praying for Emma Kate every day. She is such a lucky girl to have such great loving parents. Tell Trey Happy Birthday. Love you all, Zee Caston
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Now EK can throw really loud hissy-fits with those healthy lungs! haha. So pleased to hear she is doing well! Happy Birthday Trey! Blake's is this Sunday, but I think you got a much better gift!!!!! Thanks for the updates - claire
ReplyDeleteYay Emma Kate!! You are such a trooper!
ReplyDeleteWe love ya'll and will be praying for a relaxed weekend.
Happy Birthday Trey!
Matt and Eryn
This is such good news! I know Trey could not have asked for a better birthday present.
ReplyDeleteI was so thankful to hear the good news before heading off to work yesterday afternoon. She is a strong little girl with even stronger parents. Get some rest this weekend.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Trey!
Love,
Karen
Aw, this makes my day! Emma Kate, you are my hero! :)
ReplyDeleteI love you all so very much...and Happy Late Birthday, sweet Trey!
Lindsey