Friday, May 22, 2009
Back to the Floor!
Emma Kate was just moved back to the floor after spending the night in the CICU for close monitoring after last night's procedure. She is doing pretty good, although it is quite obvious that her little throat is very sore. She continues on the steroids, antibiotics, Tylenol, lasix, and prevacid. Her breathing sounds much better this morning after the dilation, and she seems a little more comfortable. The steroids started last night and will continue a total of 48 hours. At that point we'll start to think about being discharged. In the meantime, we're just praying that her airway stays dilated, and that she is healed of the stridor. I also spoke with one of the cardiologists a little while ago. She had reviewed the ECHO and said everything looks perfect. I'm sure we'll talk to Dr. Breitbart about this later. Thanks so much for checking in and for your continued prayers. We'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isnt it amazing that one day your heart can look completely crazy and then a week later it looks perfect...I'm just in awe of the amazing work that can be done by these awesome doctors. How phenomenal that they can 'cut and paste' something that small to the way it was meant to be. I'm still fascinated at the precision and skill of these wonderful doctors. Thank God you're where you are...and we're praying you're home soon! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy to hear the great report on the ECHO. Thank you God!
ReplyDeleteWe will continue to pray for Emma Kate's airway passage to remain open and that she will continue to tolerate all the meds well. Praying for Peace and comfort for Daddy and Mommy and the rest of your families.
The photos are precious; thank you for sending them .
Oh I had forgotten about the clowns they are hilarious ..they will get you to join in even if you don't feel like it.
There is also a robot that cruises the hospital moving patients records from one place to another. I am not sure what his name was though . I remember one time he got stuck trying to get on the elevator so two nurses going his way assisted him. So funny ! Look for him he's there somewhere.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4-7