Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Great Night!

Emma Kate had an awesome night last night. She only woke up once hurting at about 3:00 am. This morning she was awake and happy, which had not happened since the surgery. Usually when she is awake she is uncomfortable. Last night, they kept her continuously on pain meds, which was great. Her stridor (the hoarse sound from being intubated) is starting to sound much better. Yesterday, I posted that they may try to start giving her some milk. After I posted, they decided to wait a little longer. Hopefully this morning they will start feeding her again. They will start with some pedialyte, then slowly get her back on milk. The nurses say that today should be a turning point, and we should start to see her get back to her old self. I sure hope so! Thanks for checking on us, and for your continued prayer!

10 comments:

  1. I am so happy that things are getting better everyday. Emma Kate is one strong and very special little girl. We will continue to pray for you all. Love ya, Zee Caston

    ReplyDelete
  2. R & T,

    I am so encouraged by how well she has done. This is indeed great news. I am continuing to pray. To God be all glory, honor and praise! In Christ, in Whom we live and breathe and have our being,
    Kelley Owens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Kate, I am so happy that you are getting better and stronger every day! "Miss" Edie really misses you in Sunday School and hopes and prays you will be home really soon and back to your "bouncing" self! We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I know God will continue to bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are thrilled to see how well Emma Kate is recovering. So are we! She is in such good hands with everyone available to care for her. Just hearing familiar voices is a comfort.

    Many Blessings,
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I'm soooo jealous at your brief stay in the CICU! Haha, what a blessing!! I'm just amazed that you guys are already in a room on the floor!! You're going to be home in no time. Good updates make my day! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope everyone is doing good!!! tell Emma Kate i said i love her sooo much and that i hope she feels better really soon!!!! i cant wait to see her and all of yall. We are all praying and brodie,slade,and laz say hi and that they love yall!!
    love keely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God, for a restful night and great progress. Praying that the Lord would continue to heal baby Emma Kate and give strength and courage to Emma Kate's family as she receives her necessary pokes and prods to move her forward to that joyous journey back home.

    2 Corinthians 12:8-10

    Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

    Love , Lenny and Margaret Woods

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweetpea!! praying for comfort for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These last few posts have been filled with such wonderful news for our sweet Emma Kate! We are praising God for his amazing work! She is so strong and such a blessing. Those pictures you posted are so incredible. Rachel and Trey, the two of you have been so faithful and so strong for your daughter; and we're so proud of you and amazed at your own strength and courage. Not everyone could handle it the way you two have. We can't wait to see the post that will announce your homecoming, dear friends! We are just so happy that things are going so well! We love you very much,
    Fleur and Joey

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is great news! Keep up the good work, Emma Kate! Thanking God for a great night and praying for continual improvement that leads to happy, happy blog posts. :)

    Love,
    The Capertons

    ReplyDelete