Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gearing up for tomorrow

Well, I guess the big day is almost here. Tonight we had to scrub Emma Kate with this special anti-bacterial sponge to get her ready for surgery tomorrow. Let's just say that she didn't like it too much, but she is sleeping sound now. After her bath, I just let her play in her diaper for a while I was trying to lock in a vivid picture of what her cute little tummy and chest looked like tonight. I know that after tomorrow it will not look the same, and I'm fine with that. Her new scar will be our constant reminder that broken hearts can be mended.

Please pray for a good night's rest for sweet Emma Kate, and for the doctors and nurses that will be caring for her tomorrow. We are so thankful for them, and for the knowledge and skills that God has provided them with. We will rest tonight knowing that this is the journey that God has chosen for us, and ALL is in His hands. Please pray for peace tomorrow for our family. I know that handing my precious baby girl over to the doctors will be extremely hard, and I can hardly stand the thought of it now. My two sisters flew back in tonight. I am so thankful that we are able to have family here with us, because this would be a lot to take on by ourselves. I know that everyone here has made a lot of sacrifices to be with us, and we appreciate them SO much!!

Trey and I have to be at the hospital with Emma Kate for 6:30 am Boston time (5:30 am at home). I'm guessing that surgery will probably begin around 7:30 or 8:00. Someone will be posting updates on the blog, as long as we can connect to the Internet (Friday we had some issues). Surgery should last approximately 4 hours. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. You are all so very special to us!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel and Trey,

    I have enjoyed reading your updates. I especially love the blog about Emma Kate's bow that matches her hospital gown! too cute!! I am thinking about yall and praying for Emma Kate and all of the doctors and nurses that will be taking care of her tomorrow!!

    Love you!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know we will be with y'all in thought and prayer every moment of the day. God bless.

    We love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing it is for Emma Kate to have parents who trust in God to fulfill His plan for their little girl. We will be praying for you all as you send Emma Kate into surgery tomorrow and of course for Emma Kate, herself, for safety and for a smooth and easy recovery!

    "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

    Praying for you, Rachel and Trey and your families, that you would not be shaken, but that you'd take comfort in knowing that God will never leave Emma Kate's side!

    Love,
    The Capertons

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying that the surgery is successful and that recovery (for everyone) goes quickly and well. Your courage and strength is a testament to God's grace and blessing on your lives.
    Love,
    Meg Mills

    ReplyDelete