Monday, May 25, 2009

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig!

How great is our God?! We're back!! We arrived in New Orleans this morning at about 11:30, and got home a little before 1:30. Emma Kate did pretty good on the plane, although I think her tummy is still adjusting to all of the changes we've made in the last two weeks. It feels so good to be home. Although 2 weeks felt like a long time to us, it was a remarkably short time to be in Boston considering all that Emma Kate had done. I definitely don't want to complain, because there are many families who have babies in the hospital for months and months. Our roommate has been there with her baby for 6 months, and will continue to stay there waiting for a transplant (something that could take up to 9 more months). Now that's a long time! Please remember to keep all families affected by CHD in your prayers!

Thanks once again for all of your support and encouragement. We are thankful for each of you!

6 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you all are safely at home. The boys, Kurt, and I said a prayer every night (and day) for you, Trey, Emma Kate, and the family. I just told the boys you all were back home and their words were "And God's People Said AMEN!" That sums it up. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

    Amy, Kurt, Jacob, and James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God ! You are home safe and sound ! So happy to hear your back in your own place. Our prayers will be ongoing for Emma Kate . Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your lives through prayer support. God Bless each of you, with Love , Lenny and Margaret Woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Zachary has missed the Unglesby's so much! And when I say "Zachary", I mean "Samantha!" I'm so proud of EK and what a tough cookie she's been. Can't wait to see you all soon! 'Til then, hugs and kisses! ~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! We are so glad to hear you all are home safe and sound! I'm sure y'all will be so happy to get into your own beds tonight. :) We are thanking God for a successful surgery/treatment for all that Emma Kate had going one while in Boston! What a relief that its over. :)

    Love,
    The Capertons

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAY!!!! So glad you're home, let us know when we can visit! I know you wont feel up to it but just wanted to let you know, our heart defect support group is tomorrow night at 7. Hope you guys will start coming, they're lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Can't wait to see you and hug everyone!

    ReplyDelete