They just took Emma Kate back to start the heart catheterization. She was sleeping peacefully when they took her back. All of the doctors and nurses loved her and her big navy bow (which just happened to match her little hospital gown perfectly.) I took her bow out so it wouldn't get lost, and the male anesthesiologist came in and said, "Aw man, you took her bow out. I was hoping you would leave it, because it was just so cute!" Ha! I told him not to worry and that it would be back in no time :)
I am continually amazed at the care we are getting here. EVERYONE we have come in contact with has been so wonderful and caring. Now I know what my "heart" friends were talking about when they said that this was the best place. I am so thankful that we are able to be here and get the BEST care for Emma Kate.
The catheterization could take anywhere from 1-5 hours, depending on what they find and the interventions that they have to do. It is a very tedious process, especially since Emma Kate is so tiny. Our nurse, Shannon, will call to update me every hour, and I will update information as I receive it. Thank you so much for checking in on us and our sweet baby girl. We appreciate you!
Aw, I'm glad they love Emma Kate and her big bows as much as I do! I'm so happy to hear of all of the excellent care you all are receiving. Everyone keeps asking me about EK so please know how much you three are loved. I'll continue to think of and pray for y'all until you return home. Give my girl kisses and tell her that "Auntie" Lindsey has a little surprise for her when she gets home.
ReplyDeleteI love y'all to pieces.
Dear Ones,
ReplyDeleteKnow that Christy and I are praying. God is good and faithful. He will take care of you.
With love,
Bob (for the Wojohns')
We are following today in spirit and prayer.
ReplyDeleteMuch love to all,
Karen
We've been praying for Emma Kate and for you guys and will continue praying and reading your updates. Emma Kate has such a wonderful mommy and daddy to travel so far for her to have the very best in care! She has an awesome heavenly father too who's been with her every single step of the way too. What a comfort to know He's always at her side even when its not possible for you all to be right there with her. :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Capertons